Saturday, April 25, 2009

A day cut short by the weather.

Mike started out this morning hoping for more tail winds and flat lands like yesterday.


Well, the flat lands didn't change but the wind direction did as well as the temperature. This morning the ice cold head winds cut our day short. Our short day took us 24 miles to Scott City, Kansas. We're staying at the Lazy R Motel. As I was checking in to the hotel, the elderly hotel keeper informed me that we have an air conditioner and a heater and asked us to please not run both at the same time. She also made sure I was aware there was an alarm clock available for our use. Once inside the room there were all sorts of rules and information we needed to pay attention to.




Since we arrived early, there is really only so much you can do in a small town in Kansas, so I did what I'm sure anyone would do in my situation. I went outside and played with a barn! I'm pretty sure it was Dorothy's barn in the Wizard of Oz. I kept expecting to see Toto and Mike riding through a tornado on his bike!





Hopefully the weather will improve by tomorrow. There are tornado warnings all over much of the state. It appears we are just on the outer rim of those warnings. The room also had a handy "Notice To The Public" as to what the various warnings signals mean, so we are in the know!