Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heart of the Ozarks

Today Mike rode 67 miles further into the Ozarks. He is just 5 miles shy of hitting the 2,000 mile mark! The road was the same as yesterday and looks like a ribbon that cuts through the hills with very steep grades up and down.


Mike mentioned today that the roads through the Ozarks are not as bad as he thought it would be. However, I just think he's gotten himself in great shape and it's contributing to an easier ride for him.


We couldn't have asked for a better day today. It started out cool and a little foggy and ended up with blue skies and big puffy white clouds. Everything is very lush and green and it feels like spring.


A few Turkey Vultures were out enjoying the day together. (I actually stopped traffic to get this shot. I'm probably lucky I didn't get shot!)



My only problem with the Ozarks is that there are just so many cows and so little time.


Our plan is to camp tomorrow, as there is no hotel at the next stop on the list, so there will not be a blog update for tomorrow. Be sure to check out all the images from the Ozarks at www.focalinstincts.com, or in my Facebook galleries!