Friday, May 22, 2009

Out of the Appalachians...

Out of the Appalachians and ready for the Smokey's!


Over the last two days Mike has ridden another 150+ miles. As of today he is just 3 miles shy of hitting the 3,000 mile mark. With only 412 miles to go, he's starting to smell the ocean!


We have been very fortunate with weather in Virginia, blue skies and temperatures in the mid to upper 70's. The Appalachians were steep and tough, but Mike says, just put it in first and get it done. Mike had quite a bit of flat land today and rolling hills through colorful farms and wooded areas. We had many of the roads to ourselves again after the usual "get out of my way so I can get the kids to school and get to work back roads rush hour" between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m.


Tomorrow Mike will go up and over "Danger Hill". It sounds like it is more dangerous (steep)coming from the east rather than the west and when loaded down with full packs.

We had a few challenges again today with the windy back roads and the GPS. I swear she is trying to keep Mike and I apart!

I'm enjoying Virginia very much photographically. Many wild flowers, beautiful farms and barns and we are back in cow country!!





Just thought I'd throw this in to show you all that I really am with Mike on this journey!


And of course the cow of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Mike
    Ur getting close to the finish line, keep on keeping on bro. Call me as soon as u get to the water.

    PS. Cat looks much better than u in the pics yata yata yata!!!!

    BS

    ReplyDelete