Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We're going to the beach!

Mike is ready for a swim and it's only 54 miles to the beach!


Today he rode 85.5 miles which seemed like a ride through the park for him. He finished up and we were checked into our hotel by 2:00 p.m.

It wasn't a surprise to us to wake up to rain again today and I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone who has followed along. We came upon Lake Anna and the fog on the lake was awesome.



The skies opened up for us later in the morning. We rode through many historic sights where significant battles in the Civil War were fought. I ran into one man at one of the sites and he said, he had wanted to visit this area since he was a boy and it'd taken him 50 years to get here. He seemed quite moved by it all.




We both have some mixed emotions about the ride ending. We are both ready to be done, but also sad that it's coming to an end.

We had so much fun with the blog every day. We appreciate all of the supportive emails and phone calls we've received from friends and family as we've made our way.


A message to my husband...
Mike, I am so thankful that I was able to share this experience with you, a man who I love and that I am inspired by every day. This journey has brought us closer than I ever thought possible,and has me wondering what's next?.

You've also reminded me to slow down, worry less and take things as hey come (even if it's a tornado). To be true to myself and to do what I love.

My vision in life is to do what I love and make a difference in the lives of others. Everyday you help me to move towards this vision and remind me that I make a difference in your life.

Congratulations Honey! I'm so proud of you! (I love you more than peanut butter!)

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment