Monday, May 4, 2009

We are not in Kansas anymore!!!


Shortly after we left this morning we crossed over into State number 6, Missouri! After spending a few more days in Kansas than planned due to weather, we were happy to cross the border. As Mike crossed the border with a "Yahoooo!" one of the locals who was near by yelled out, "Welcome to the show me State! Welcome to Missouri!"


We had breakfast at a popular stop for cyclists this morning "Cooky's Cafe". They asked Mike to sign the Cyclist Registry and we spent some time just reading the other entries of cyclists from last season. Mike was the fist to sign for 2009.


The day was awesome, we had plenty of blue skies and beautiful lush rolling hills. Mike rode 72.5 miles today and we are in Everton, Missouri. We called ahead to the only hotel in town and we were surprised to learn they are closed for the season because the woman who runs the place had been ill. She referred us to a local hunting lodge, "Running Spring Farm" who is open to taking in cyclists during their off season.


Before the owner Bill Cork showed me the place he said, "this is going to be the nicest place you will stay on your journey". He was 100% correct. Mike and I have the entire lodge to ourselves. It sleeps 12 and has a full kitchen which is fully stocked and is located on 300 acres. There are wild birds everywhere and Bill told me if I get up around 5:30 a.m. the turkey feeder goes off and I'll be able to photograph all the wild turkeys I want.

Check out their web site at http://www.runningspringfarm.com/lodging.htm

I found plenty to photograph today with the nice weather and new scenery. There are plenty of cows in Missouri, but I'm saving them all for my upcoming coffee table book so you'll have to wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment